Fiber content and construction are the major factors that determine the appropriate rug cleaning method. The IICRC offers several tips for keeping your rugs looking like new:
- Vacuum rugs on a regular basis. Fringe should be hand-vacuumed only.
- When spills occur, scoop or blot-up the excess. Then dilute the area with water and blot - don't rub - until no more color is visible on your clean, white towel.
- Ideally, rugs should be removed from the home or office to be professionally cleaned.
- Rotate your rugs once a year to ensure even wear.
- How often should your rug be professionally cleaned? The answer depends on its location in your home. Does it get heavy foot traffic? Are there any pets? Often, animals are drawn to rugs and can leave behind unpleasant surprises that require specialized treatment.
Small Area Rug: $15.00
Medium Area Rug: $25.00
Large Area Rug: $35.00